Unified Threat Management
Comprehensive Protection for Your Organization, Simplified.
Opal’s Unified Threat Management (UTM) service provides a turnkey solution, including best-in-class security appliances, for a converged security platform that is particularly focused on small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs).
Feature sets fall into three main categories managed on one device:
- Firewall/intrusion prevention system (IPS)/virtual private network
- Secure web gateway security (URL filtering and web anti-virus)
- Messaging security (anti-spam, mail AV)
Our Unified Threat Management offering includes:
UTM Monitoring & Management
- Appropriately sized UTM firewall devices for your network environment
- Design, configure and install the devices
- Implementation of best practices UTM
- Establish standard fault and performance monitoring and alerting thresholds
- Proactive polling of UTM devices to confirm response and availability
UTM Incident Management
- Adherence to mutually agreed incident management and escalation procedures
- Notification of events of interest (EOI)
- Provide appropriate event response for critical security events
UTM Configuration & Change Management
- Perform daily polling of each network device to determine if any configurations have changed
- Archive device configuration changes
- Monthly reporting of configuration changes
- Backup configurations to restore equipment in event of hardware failure or configuration loss
Reporting Analytics & Historical Trending
- Weekly/monthly security reports summarizing events of interest, actions taken, security concerns
- Quarterly reporting containing in-depth analysis of trends, EOIs, concerns, security posture and architecture
- Recommendations based on analysis, if necessary
Security Information and Event Management
Defending your organization by precisely pinpointing threats in real-time.
Opal’s Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) services provides a holistic view into your network, providing continuous situational awareness and allowing for the fast and effective mitigation of threats.
Utilizing the latest security tools and techniques for adaptive awareness, Opal’s Security Operations Center (SOC) will detect for anomalous behavior and traffic and notify you in the event of an incident.
Opal leverages industry-leading SIEM platform tools backed by the power of 200 unique threat feeds and one of the largest threat intelligence teams in the industry. This results in near real-time threat detection and highly accurate indicators of compromise (IOC).
Our comprehensive service includes:
- Real-time operational context for rapid security analytics
- Out-of-the-box compliance reporting, including PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOX, NERC, SISMA, ISO, GLBA and more
- Performance monitoring across all systems
- Availability monitoring
- Real-time configuration change monitoring
- Device and application context, including network devices, servers, infrastructure, storage devices, cloud apps, virtualization infrastructure and more
- Baselining and statistical anomaly detection
- External technology integrations
- We also provide robust SIEM Remediation Services to guard against security incidents