Update the Work Center Calendar in Business Central
As the new year approaches, you may run into an issue where Work Center calendars need to be updated in Business Central. You will know this if you receive an error message when running MRP or scheduling a production order beginning with “Error when calculating forward. Calendar is not available after MM/DD/YY for Work Center ####”.
To address this issue, follow the below steps.
1. Navigate to the Work Centers list
2. Click “Process”, then click “Calendar”
3. Click “Show Matrix”. You will see that there is no capacity for dates in the new year
4. Click “Actions” >> “Functions”>> Calculate:
5. Choose the desired end date and work center
6. Click “OK”.
7. Capacity for the selected work center should be updated.
If you have any questions about this process, Dynamics 365 Business Central, or other Dynamics products, fill out the form below to get in touch with a member of our Dynamics team at Opal Business Solutions. We’re always happy to help!