New Microsoft 365 Offerings from Inspire Conference
The software giant introduces Dynamics 365 and Teams integration, Windows 365 Cloud PC
It comes as no surprise that the focus of this year’s Microsoft Inspire conference was on making the flow of hybrid work seamless. The software giant put its efforts into the cloud, as they announced new offerings within Microsoft 365 such as collaborative apps and Cloud PC. Let’s go into detail about these innovations and how they will help you navigate the world of hybrid work.
Integrate Dynamics 365 into Microsoft Teams
Microsoft has waived the licensing tax for this integration, meaning there is no additional cost to you! The connection improves workflow efficiency by eliminating the need to switch between multiple apps.
Here are the capabilities:
- Dynamics 365 users can invite organization members to view and edit customer records directly in Microsoft Teams chats or channels
- Add a Teams meeting to Dynamics 365 appointments
- Quickly view Dynamics 365 customer information within Teams calls
- Capture notes during a Teams call and find it automatically saved in the Dynamics 365 record
- Connect workflows by sending automatic notifications regarding Dynamics 365 records to stakeholders
Windows 365 Cloud PC
Microsoft describes Windows 365 as a cloud service that “gives users agency to connect to their apps, data, and settings from any device and any endpoint. It creates a new category called Cloud PC, which uses both the power of the cloud and the capabilities of the device to provide a full, personalized Windows experience, anywhere.”1
What you can do:
- Log on to your PC from any device and pick up where you left off
- Jump between devices securely with Microsoft’s Zero Trust model, which includes multi-factor authentication (MFA) and Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Use the Microsoft Endpoint Manager dashboard to provision Cloud PCs in minutes
- Tools are included to help small to medium-sized businesses design their cloud experience
Windows 365 Cloud PC will be available August 2, 2021.
1“From collaborative apps in Microsoft Teams to Cloud PC—here’s what’s new in Microsoft 365 at Inspire,” Jared Spataro, July 14 2021.
Opal Business Solutions is a trusted Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner. Connect with us to learn more about Microsoft products as well as our other services!