Power Platform: 2020 Release Wave 1 Plan
2020 Release Wave 1 Overview:
The Microsoft Power Platform enables users and organizations to analyze, act, and automate on the data to digitally transform their businesses. The Power Platform today is comprised of four products – Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents. It also has two add-ons – AI Builder and Power Apps Portals.
- Power BI simplifies how organizations derive insights from transactional and observational data. It helps organizations create a data culture where employees can make decisions based on facts, not opinions. For the upcoming release, Power BI is investing in four key areas that drive a data culture: Self-service analytics for everyone, Unified platform for enterprise BI, big data analytics with Azure data services, and pervasive artificial intelligence (AI).
- Power Apps is the industry-leading low-code application development platform that underpins Dynamics 365 extensibility, Office 365 customization, and standalone custom line of business applications for customers around the world. For the upcoming release, Power Apps provides significant improvements for Power Apps develoeprs of all skill levels, improving the sophistication and usability of apps that are crated across the web and mobile devices.
- Power Apps Portals are enabling low-code makers to roll out experiences to broad external audiences. We’re continuing to advance Portals capabilities as usage grows.
- AI Builder is a Power Platform capability for teams with the business expertise to easily automate processes and predict outcomes to improve business performance. AI Builder is a turnkey solution that brings the power of Microsoft AI through a point-and-click experience.
- Power Automate makes it possible to grow your business productivity by automating repetitive, time-consuming tasks. Power Automate provides a better way to get things done across your organization through digital and robotic process automation. For the upcoming release, Power Automate is investing in three key areas: Empowring citizen developers to build powerful automation across the 300+ connectors, UI flows automate mundane, rules-based tasks with point-and-click simplicity whether the app is old or new, on-premises or in the cloud, and enables modelling and running human-driven business process with the modern approval and business process flow features.
Power Platform offers a range of governance and administration capabilities that span Power Apps, Power Automate, and Common Data Service. These capabilities are designed to help the administrators and IT Professionals in the organization to help set up, secure, manage, govern, and monitor the use and adoption of the platform and its components across the enterprise.
- Data integration provides built-in connectivity to the Power Platform and more, with data across hundreds of business systems, enabling rich and intelligent experiences. The Common Data Model provides semantic consistency for canonical business entities across Dynamics 365 and Common Data Service, increasing value and saving time for application developers, ISV partners, and integrators.