Dynamics 365: 2020 Release Wave 1 Plan
2020 Release Wave 1 Overview:
The 2020 release wave 1 for Dynamics 365 brings new innovations that provide you with significant capabilities to transform your business. The release contains hundreds of new features across Dynamics 365 applications including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, Commerce, and Business Central, our comprehensive business management solution designed for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Dynamics 365 Marketing is a marketing solution that helps businesses manage customer engagement through rich personalization and automation while leveraging their Microsoft assets.
- Dynamics 365 Sales is centered around the customer relationship. It helps organizations understand customer needs, drives more relevant and authentic engagements, and improves selling efficiencies.
- Dynamics 365 Sales Insights leverages the power of the Microsoft cloud to bring together sales information via Dynamics 365, communications via Office 365, relationships via LinkedIn, and the power of Microsoft AI to transform selling. Sales organizations gain a 360-degree view of their customer engagements to offer agility, adapting to rapid market changes, while adhering to business strategy, accommodating specific business requirements and guidelines.
- Dynamics 365 Product Visualize, an augmented reality mobile application on iOS, accelerates the sales process by helping buyers and sellers reach a shared understanding faster.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service is an end-to-end service for customer support, spanning self and assisted scenarios across multiple channels of customer engagement. It provides comprehensive and efficient case routing and management for agents, and enables authoring and consumption of knowledge management articles.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service Insights provides an actionable view into critical performance metrics, operational data, and emerging trends using industry-leading artificial intelligence (AI). These insights empower customer service managers to make better decisions to improve customer satisfaction and operational efficiency with confidence.
- Dynamics 365 Field Service is an end-to-end solution for on-site service that empowers organizations to move from being reactive to providing proactive or predictive field service, and to embrace new business models such as outcome-based service or “anything-as-a-service.”
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist is a mixed-reality solution available on HoloLens for first-line workers to collaborate with remotely located personnel to more effectively and efficiently get their job done.
Finance and Operations
- Dynamics 365 Finance drives automation and predictive analytics capabilities, paving the way for deep proactive management.
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management empowers employees and organizations with the ability to obtain a unified view of inventory, warehouse, manufacturing, service, and logistics with predictive analytics that turn data into insights to support better strategic decisions.
- Dynamics 365 Guides is a mixed-reality application that enables employees to learn in the flow of work by providing holographic instructions when and where they need them. Dynamics 365 Guides addresses the needs of three key personas: content authors, operators, and managers/analysts.
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources helps HR professionals get the workforce insights needed to build data-driven employee experiences across multiple areas including Organization and Personnel management, Compensation, Benefits, Leave and absence, Compliance, Payroll integration, Performance feedback, and Self-service programs.
- Dynamics 365 Commerce is built on the proven Dynamics 365 Retail capabilities—delivers a comprehensive omnichannel solution that unifies back-office, in-store, call center, and e-commerce experiences to provide a delightful shopping journey for consumers across the different touchpoints.
- Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection focuses on Payment fraud protection and account creation. It will help enable an e-commerce merchant to drive down fraud loss, increase bank acceptance rates to yield higher revenue, and improve the online shopping experience of its customers. The new set of capabilities called Loss Prevention help brick-and-mortar retail store operations fight fraud and abuse. This will help retailers reduce shrinkage losses and improve store efficiencies.
- Dynamics 365 Connected Store delivers insights gathered from observational, location, and other line-of-business systems to improve the performance of their brick-and-mortar stores.
- Dynamics 365 Business Central provides a comprehensive business application solution designed and optimized for small and medium-sized business (SMB) organizations.
Customer Data Platform
- Dynamics 365 Customer Insights enables every organization to unify disparate data—be it transactional, observational or behavioral sources—to gain a single view of customers and derive intelligent insights that drive key business processes.
Microsoft Forms Pro
- Microsoft Forms Pro is an enterprise survey solution that empowers everyone in the organization to develop enterprise-grade surveys to collect timely feedback from the customers and employees. With the point-and-click simplicity and AI-assisted features of Forms Pro, everyone has the tools to create, send, and analyze custom surveys that integrate directly into the workflows and the organization’s business system.
In 2020 release wave 1, we are adding industry accelerators as a separate section. The following industry accelerators are included in this wave:
- Nonprofit accelerator enables you to develop nonprofit solutions based on entities and attributes that nonprofits commonly leverage for constituent management, fundraising, awards, program delivery, and impact tracking.
- Financial services accelerator enables you to quickly develop solutions based on entities and attributes that banks commonly leverage for customer experience and other business processes. These entities include banks, branches, financial products, loans, referrals, limits, requested facilities, and more.
- Health accelerator allows you to build solutions and create new use cases and workflows with entities focused on enhanced care coordination and the ability to segment patients and providers based on Electronic Medical Record (EMR) data.
- Automotive accelerator enables you to quickly develop solutions based on entities and attributes that dealerships and OEMs commonly leverage for customer experience and other business processes. These entities include deals, sales contracts, specifications, fleet, warranties, inspection, test drives, branding, business, customer-vehicle relationship, vehicle and equipment, lead, service and after-sales management, and more.