Dynamics 365 Business Central, Essentials: Changing Role Centers
Role Centers are similar to Home Pages that make it easier for users to access different parts of the system. It is important to remember that Role Centers and Permission Sets are not the same and do not impact one another. Permission Sets allow users access to specific areas of Business Central. Role Centers will not grant or restrict users’ permissions.
Business Central currently has nine pre-defined Role Center Profiles:
- Business Manager
- Sales Order Processor
- Production Planner
- Project Manager
- Sales and Relationship Manager
- Team Member
The Business Manager Role Center is the default Role Center for all users in Business Central.
Business Central allows users to customize the interface in two different ways; personalization and configuration. Personalization is a specific change to the user instance customizing the interface and will not impact any global customizations (in other words, this is specific to only your user interface). Configuration is a global change to all user instances of Business Central and only performed by administrators.
To change your Role Center, follow the steps below:
- Locate the Search Bar (magnifying glass) in the top right corner of the screen and search for “User Personalization”.
2. Select User Personalization and select your User Name.
3. Within your User Personalization Card, select the arrow next to the Profile ID.
4. A drop-down selection menu will appear, select the Role Center you would like.
5. To view your changes, you will need to exit the current instance of Business Central and log back in.